Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My life as an ALS patient

I was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) on May 18th, 2009. My legs and arms were twitching and cramping and I lost power in my right arm and leg. My family has been wonderfully supportive and very helpfull. I hate not being able to walk ok. I'm in Nampa, Idaho this weekend seeing my mom and family. I saw my aunt Mary Nye, my cousin Rob Robinson and his parents Ron and JoAnn Robinson. We went and saw my dad's grave at the veteran's cemetary on hill road in Boise. I bore my testimony of eternal life to my dear families. My brother Tim had a cook-out after with his wonderful family Kolene and kids. I got blessed with some pictures of me as a kid that Ron had from my grandma Bonnie. My testimony of Jesus Christ is stronger than ever as I feel strength from Him as I go forward now without fear with faith in Him and his Atonement.

2 comments:

Gideon said...

Tom, I just found out from Tim that you had ASL. I am so glad you are taking it well. You have always been the Strong, Enthusiastic type. I don't know what you are up to now, but I sure hope you continue doing the family research as you have. I have always enjoyed seeing new pictures and reading stories and journals from our ancestors, Thanks.

We have been praying for you and your family. You are Empowering, Caring, and Powerful.

Love you Tom,

Daniel

tmcent said...

thanks dear cousin...Jesus is in Charge...we love you too!

Books Lately

  • white fang
  • all harry potters
  • CALL OF THE WILD
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • Tolkien
  • Edgar Rice Burroughs Tarzan series
  • C.S. Lewis (All)
  • The Host
  • Twilite series
  • A Christmas Carol

Followers

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
55 years old, from Boise, Idaho. I was born to Gary Earl Robinson and Velva Lea Yancey 20 August 1953 at St. Alphonsis hospital.