Tuesday, July 7, 2009

ALS progress...


I just got back from Salt Lake City. The ALS clinic at the University of Utah Hospital is a wonderful place .... people from 7 states come to to get treatments for Lou Gehrig's disease.

I saw Dr. Bromberg, the best in the west...and he confirmed my Dr. Butrum's diagnosis for us. Then an angel called Bernadette (who runs the clinic) gave us a rundown of what to expect with this fatal disease.

I appreciate how proffesional these great folks are, and I'm thankful they are there for us ALS victims. It is good to know what to expect, even though the future looks bleak. 2-4 year life span on average.

The fact that the MDA will help us is very comforting to both Mavis and I. Thanks!!

No comments:

Books Lately

  • white fang
  • all harry potters
  • CALL OF THE WILD
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • Tolkien
  • Edgar Rice Burroughs Tarzan series
  • C.S. Lewis (All)
  • The Host
  • Twilite series
  • A Christmas Carol

Followers

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States
55 years old, from Boise, Idaho. I was born to Gary Earl Robinson and Velva Lea Yancey 20 August 1953 at St. Alphonsis hospital.